GIRL SCOUTS COMMUNITY
Fri, Nov 11|
Community Campout 2022
Camping, Games, Fun, Food for Brownies up. Registration closes 10/28/2022 at 10pm. Orders placed after 10/21/22 may not receive exact Tshirt size requested.
Time & Location
Nov 11, 2022, 5:00 PM – Nov 13, 2022, 11:00 AM
Camp Wind-A-Mere, Alvin, TX, USA
About the Event
Adventure Through Wonderland - Shooting Stars Community Campout
Add enough camper tickets for 2 troop adults and the number of scouts attending. Select "Third Adult" free ticket for third volunteer. Click "Checkout" to continue to registration screen.
This is a Shooting Stars Community campout and there will be opportunities to have fun and meet other Girl Scouts from your local area!
ADULT VOLUNTEERS- Each troop must bring 3 adults with them. THE THIRD ADULT IS FREE!! Camp cannot succeed without adult volunteers. Like last year, each troop will be assigned 3 adult volunteer shifts to work at camp. Each adult can work a shift, or one adult can do all 3 shifts, however you wish to split it up. We will let you know what shifts your troop has when you show up at camp. We cannot let you know in advance of camp due to ongoing changes.
COVID: We will be following GSSJC COVID protocols - https://www.gssjc.org/en/covid-19-information.html. Sanitizing stations will be utilized.
Please note: No participant may attend in-person activities if they are symptomatic/sick in general, or have tested positive for COVID-19 or have recently been exposed to COVID-19 (following CDC guidelines), or are exhibiting new COVID-19 symptoms including fever as outlined on the screening log.
REFUNDS: Refunds can only be offered if done 2 weeks BEFORE camp begins. OCTOBER 28 before 6pm is the deadline for full refunds. We can only offer a partial refund after that due to Covid/ sickness reasons only. Last minute refund includes the t-shirt and a convenience fee of $10.
You will receive an email 1 WEEK before camp starts letting you know what camping unit or tent campsite your troop was matched with. We will also send a suggested camper packing list.
THINGS TO NOTE:
• We will also have a campfire skit and sing on Saturday night so your girls may want to prepare something.
• Please remember for the safety of all, no tag-a-longs at camp.
• There are several Girl Scout sisters attending camp who have severe peanut allergies. Camp will be NUT FREE this year so please keep that in mind when purchasing snacks for your troop. Thanks!
PLEASE BRING TO CAMP:
· Permission Slip F-204
· Medical Form F-185
· Adult Emergency Slip F-22
· Personal Troop Camping Gear
· Camp Cup
· Enough NUT FREE snacks & drinks to keep your kids happy.
· 50 SWAPS per scout if you want to exchange them.
· We will also have a campfire skit and sing on Saturday night so your girls may want to prepare something.
We are excited to have all these wonderful girls attend camp and can’t wait to get started on the fun!
This is for the third adult volunteer whose registration is free. Only use 1 of these.